About this course
Throughout the duration of this 3-hour course, attendees will gain a deep understanding of epilepsy awareness and the best practice for managing someone experiencing a seizure. Our comprehensive course is lead by qualified nurse tutors who have a wealth of experience in leading epilepsy awareness training for a variety of audiences.
Our epilepsy training course can also be combined with our administration of Rectal Diazepam, Buccal Midazolam or combined courses. Each of which will take an additional hour to complete.
Our course covers a wide variety of insightful topics on epilepsy, its symptoms and approved treatments, including:
- What is epilepsy and how common is it
- What are seizures
- What are the causes/triggers
- Types of epilepsy and seizure classification (including video clips)
- Recognising a seizure
- Recording seizures
- First aid
- Status epilepticus
- Series/clusters of seizures
- Non Epileptic seizures
- Sudden unexplained death in epilepsy
- How epilepsy can affect lifestyle, self esteem and independence
- Driving regulations
- Medication and individualised care plans
- Risk assessment
- Delegates will gain a better understanding of the management and recording of different types of seizures
- Delegates will have a greater understanding of risk assessment.
- Delegates will be able to recognise the emergency situation and act effectively
- Training facilitates best practice guidelines (Joint Epilepsy Council) and ensures that all will have the practical skills and knowledge to provide a safe, effective environment for people with epilepsy.
Combine Epilepsy Awareness with...