About this course
Buccal Midazolam is a rescue medication that can be used to manage seizures for people with epilepsy.
Our buccal midazolam training course can be combined with our Epilepsy Awareness course to provide a holistic overview. Gain a comprehensive knowledge of the best practice for the administration of Buccal Midazolam. In addition, you can also combine this course with our administration of Rectal Diazepam course.
In addition to the skills and learnings gathered throughout our epilepsy awareness training, delegates will also learn:
- What is Midazolam?
- Uses for epilepsy and other conditions
- Indications for use in epilepsy and the benefits of using Midazolam
- Appropriate dose instructions
- Practical demonstration and video demonstration
- Possible difficulties, overdose identification and emergency action plans
- What to do if Midazolam proves ineffective
- Risk assessment best practice
- Individual Support Plans
- Organisational Protocols and local policies
- Duty of Care issues
- Legal responsibilities
- Learn to recognise emergency situations and take appropriate actions
- Gain an understanding of the theory and practical applications of administering buccal midazolam
- Learn to administer buccal midazolam safely according to best practice and in accordance with the individual’s support plan
- Receive a certificate of attendance, which will be valid for one year