About this course
This Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG) feeding course is designed to educate delegates on the various causes and approaches to PEG feeding.
Gain the practical skills to care and maintain a PEG tube for an individual in your care, as well as learning best practice for feeding and cleaning. Through this PEG feeding training course, you will learn the theoretical knowledge and practical skills required to maintain a PEG tube confidently.
- What is a PEG?
- Structure of a PEG
- Indications for PEG
- Insertion procedure
- Feeding systems
- Equipment overview
- Bolus / continuous feeding
- Administration of medications
- Flushing the tube
- Care of the site
- Care of the tube
- Complications and actions
- Basic understanding of what a PEG is and how to care for it safely
- Basic understanding of what an MIC-KY (button low profile gastrostomy) is and how to care for it safely
- Understand the health issues that may warrant a PEG being indicated for the client
- Understanding feeding via a PEG safely
- Understanding giving medication via a PEG safely
- Trouble shooting and complications
- Opportunity to handle practical equipment and ask questions