About this course
This training course is ideal for anybody who works in care or nursing where oral suctioning via a machine is required.
Delegates of the course will learn how to identify the need for oral suction, as well as the complications that can arise as a result. Gain the practical and theoretical knowledge required to safely undertake oral suctioning for someone in your care.
- Indications for oral suctioning
- Suctioning equipment
- The procedure – safe suctioning technique
- Complications associated with the procedure
- Contra indications/ cautions
- Discuss the indications for oral suctioning
- Describe assessment of need for suctioning
- Describe the complications associated with the procedure
- To identify the contra indications/cautions to oral suctioning
- To recognise the equipment require
- To safely undertake the procedure
- Documentation of care given