About this course
Approximately 1.1 million children and 4.3 million adults in the UK are affected by asthma. This asthma awareness training course aims to equip participants with the knowledge to recognise issues and manage them safely.
From diagnosis and triggers, through to inhaler technique and self management. Gain the knowledge and skills necessary to care for someone who lives with asthma.
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Diagnosis and differential diagnosis
- Signs & symptoms
- Asthma Management
- Control of asthma
- Pharmacological management
- Inhaler technique
- National Guidelines of asthma management
- Emergency asthma
- Patient education and personal management of asthma
- Define asthma and outline signs/symptoms
- Explain the process of diagnosing asthma.
- Identify asthma triggers and avoidance management
- Identify the signs of adequate/poor control of asthma
- Demonstrate knowledge of current asthma therapies
- Identify commonly used inhalers and demonstrate correct inhaler technique
- Understand National Guidance on the management of asthma
- Recognised emergency asthma and demonstrate the appropriate action required
- Outline methods of patient self-management